Thursday, June 18, 2009

Some of my Favorite Photos of Grandpa









Happy 91st Birthday Grandpa! from all your grand kids. Don't know exactly how many grand kids, so any cousins out there that want to take on the challenge of that number, let me know. You have to be exact. And if you have a moment, leave a favorite memory of grandpa, anything.

I have absolutely loved that when ever grandpa shows up to a special occasion, you can bet he'll be wearing his striped shirt.
My boys call him the jelly bean grandpa. One afternoon we went to visit, he let them indulge in the candy bowl.
I think some of the grand kids would agree with me on this, he loves Nita, and if there was ever a time we didn't call her"Grandma", he'd let us know that she needed to be called grandma.
His love for the church is unconditional, and he has showed us that with his number of missions he's served.
I think I can honestly say that I've never heard the man talk bad about a single soul.
Always wanting to teach.
Always wanting to help others.
I could go on forever. I get sad thinking that his time here gets shorter and shorter. But it's comforting to know he's ready. We love you Mr. Ellsworth Ray

10 comments:

seven smiles said...

That's a tricky question. There are a few variables there...
My # has a disclaimer: does not incl. step grand-children or any of Nita's. {It does incl. Janelle's baby, Aaron Eric, I believe?}

72?

Hope Grandpa had a fantastic day. :)

heather said...

I think I counted 74 grandkids (not including Nita's kids). I'll send you all the names in an email. Now the question is how many great-grandkids...

Natalie Hall said...

Oh I love this... Good thing I was way off when I thought it was in the 60s.

Emily said...

I counted 72 including Denna's kids because I think they count. Please send me the list when you get it from Heather!

I loved Grandpa's famous pancake breakfasts in Pine and also after tennis lessons. So much fun!

Emily said...

I thought of one more...so 73 but I'm sure I'm forgetting another one, so 74 sounds good:)

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Emily said...

oops, forgot Ryan, and Erin...
so 75?

seven smiles said...

Okay,
I think the real # is 71 (75 with Denna's kids)

And I can NAME YOU ALL....

Whatever the # is, with it being in the 70's, it's pretty safe to say Grandpa & Grandma were quite prolific.

(And I will blame my first calculation on an eensy little math deficit I have...)

Melissa said...

Thanks for this post. I cannot believe he is 91 years old. What an amazing life he has had and such a great example. Can you e-mail the picture of him with the fish...that is the only one I don't have of him. Thanks!
I am glad someone can count the grandkids.

Julie said...

I'm only married to a cousin Ü but we counted 75 a few years ago (with Denna's kids) and that is what I always say! Grandpa told us he has 200 great grandkids! Who wants to count those?? Ü

Cute post Natalie!