Sunday, March 13, 2011


A ferry ended up stranded atop a building in Otsuchi, Japan

How often do we watch movies with far fetch, end of the world plots. I've been watching the coverage of the earthquake in Japan wishing this was one of those movies, not reality, So sad......

I'd have to say this past week didn't start off to awesome!

1. Of course the horrible earthquake/tsunami
2. loss of a special lady
3. Found out we didn't get to go to Utah for Spring Break last minute
4. Kids unbelievably sad
5. Flood in my entryway on the wood floors
6. Ripped up floors, walls, and cement dust through out the house from the jack hammer.
7. Trying to be a semi-fun mom I headed up to the Cabin. Turn on the water the pipes burst!, flooding everywhere, we head home, happy kiddos.

Huge bummer, so bugged, but I wouldn't trade my special moments for a second for what's happening across the other side of the world.

I'm blessed!
Happy Spring Break for my little family here in Mesa AZ, safe and sound in a dirty house.

3 comments:

aryn said...

oh my gosh nan! what a week! i'm so sorry.

Anne said...

I guess they should burst so you can experience with the others. darnit. I am here in Mesa too...and my husbands sister came with her family and their two dogs and we are house sitting a neighbor dog so 4 dogs INSIDE my house. Oh and have I mentioned I don't like dogs. Good times here too. But amen to the happy I'm here statement. Hope this week is fun for you...don't cut hair.

Mandy said...

I know! I can't believe what is happened and is still happening in Japan either. What a terrible catastrophe! Sounds like you have had quite the week--sometimes vacations at home are the best anyway! They seem longer and less stressful in the end. [I hope it is like that for you and the boys!]